Learning from the past, looking toward the future:
Our meal recipients are homebound and have very few options when it comes to nutrition. For that reason, we will always do everything possible to deliver meals without interruption.
Covid taught us valuable lessons and Meals on Wheels remains committed to daily meal delivery, while keeping the health and safety of both recipients and volunteers top of mind.
We are grateful for the tremendous support this community has shown for Meals on Wheels and those we serve.
Standard Operating Procedures
- Dockside pickup is in effect at all pickup locations, eliminating group gathering and exposure.
- All thermal meal transport bags are sanitized before meals are packed.
- Volunteers are asked to wear a face mask and use hand sanitizer before and after each delivery.
- Delivery protocols have been adapted to ensure physical distancing while retaining a personal connection and vital safety check on recipients.
- We ask volunteers to stay home if they are sick, feeling unwell, or have a compromised immune system.
The Meals on Wheels office, located at 605 Clay Street, remains open. We have adjusted staff schedules and workspaces to minimize cross-over and contact. Our staff is fully vaccinated.
Visitors are welcome, but we ask that anyone who has not been vaccinated continue to wear a mask when visiting.
In-home client assessments are resuming as feasible with safety protocols in place.
Organizational meetings will be held both in person and virtually, at the discretion of participants.
Events & Training
Although restrictions have relaxed somewhat, we still feel that ride-along training is not advisable at this time. Our online training videos (click link below to Volunteer page) provide comprehensive instruction to compliment the Volunteer Handbook.