Planned Giving is a way to support Meals on Wheels of Greater Lynchburg through your estate plan or will. Your thoughtful foresight, generosity, and commitment will ensure the long term success of our program.
Planned gifts can be made to Meals on Wheels in multiple ways, and they are best made with the counsel of a financial or legal advisor. Your financial planner can also direct you in the benefits of an IRA rollover or charitable distribution, and other types of charitable gifting.
Financial benefits of planned gifts may include a federal income tax charitable deduction, and/or an estate tax deduction. Changes to the Tax Code may impact the tax benefit of charitable donations.
It’s easy to make a gift of stock to Meals of Greater Lynchburg. If you have any questions, please call our office for support. 434-847-0796.
- Please notify us of your generous gift so we can be on the lookout for it!
Send the securities:
- Broker – Truist Wealth (formerly BBT/Scott & Stringfellow of Lynchburg) – 434-846-2711.
- DTC# 0226
- Account # WA7-092739
- Account Title – Meals on Wheels
- Inform them you would like to make a gift of stock to Meals on Wheels. They will walk you through the easy process.
The Steward’s Society was created so donors can provide a special gift that will feed our homebound neighbors in perpetuity. A donation in the amount of $26,000 will provide meals ‘forever’ for one person in our community.
Participation in the Steward’s Society is simple and flexible:
- Donate directly. A gift of $26,000 will feed one of our neighbors forever!
- Give a lump sum, or pledge over 3 years.
- Establish a gift in your estate plans
- Create a Charitable Gift Annuity
Read more about the Steward’s Society and how you can become a member.
Contact Kris Shabestar, Executive Director at 434-847-0796 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to discuss planned giving options.
Thank you to these generous Steward Society members:
- Lucy & Robert Cook
- J.C. Huckaby
- Bland Massy Johnson Estate
- Bob & Maureen Lockridge
- Alex & Jessica Newmark / The Newmark Family Charitable Fund
- Kris & Fred Shabestar
- Dr. & Mrs. Robert R. Bowen Estate
- Covenant Presbyterian Church
- Euclid Christian Church
- W. Thomas Hawkins Estate
- Memorial Christian Church
- Mildred Seacrist Estate
- Lawrence Stanecker Estate
- Samuel L. Williams Estate
- Josephine Wood Estate
- Jean & Tommy Yates
- J. Glenn Wilson Estate
- Josephine Bennett Estate